The School Leaders for America Charter College of Education
How is the program organized?
- School Leaders for America develops principal and teacher proficiency in the performance standards required for Colorado licensure
- Courses are centrally located near participating districts and are held in candidates’ schools
- Quarterly course offerings
- Alternative licensure allows qualified candidates to begin working immediately in participating charter and public school districts
- Teacher and principal candidates conclude their program with a juried thesis portfolio
What do educators say about the program?
“…On the job relevance in training for all our principals.” Founder and former Colorado Commissioner of Education, Dr. Calvin Frazier on our performance based program.
“The faculty is high quality and experienced principals who care and support you.” Pam Yoder, graduate from Jefferson County Schools.
“This is an outstanding way to get your license and network your career.” Tim Matlick, principal, Woodrow Wilson Academy
“We do more than teach. We help you through the program.” Julie Fairley, former Douglas County Director of Secondary Education and Faculty Member.
We are educational leaders with a passion for education. With more than a century of combined educational experience, we understand that strong school leadership is the key to student achievement. School Leaders for America provides candidates with the necessary skills and experience to become the outstanding school leaders our students need.
Reggie Ash – Executive Director
Reggie Ash is a 24-year veteran of the United States Air Force whose final assignment prior to retiring was that of Commander of the 21st Mission Support Group at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs.
Ash has extensive experience leading large multi-tiered business units in business strategy development and execution and has collaborated alongside start-ups and turn-arounds with a focus in the defense industry. He has expertise in planning, developing, and integrating strategic IT business initiatives into workable solutions and is skilled in successfully uniting diverse groups, including global partners, to achieve strategic goals. Ash is an accomplished mentor to senior leaders and developing executives.